Friday, January 23, 2015

Cold is still hanging on and I'm soooo tired but everything I get drags on because I have SLE (systemic lupus).  I don't usually ever post about it because some how I feel that is complaining and there are so many things that I have to be thankful for and so many worse diseases to have.

I've had Lupus for 15 years now.  The easiest way to describe Lupus is your body is allergic to itself.  Mine effects my kidneys (I have 60% function) as well as my central nervous system (actually my brain).  There is a term out there "Lupus fog" and believe me that is what its like. There is confusion, loss of memory, and more.  There is the muscle pain and joint pain too.  The bummer part is that I can't take NSAIDs or aspirin because of my kidneys and I don't like taking narcotics because I feel your system gets used to them and then you just have to keep taking higher doses.  What happens 15 years from now?

There are millions of people effected by Lupus and I feel for each of them.  When I was diagnosed with Lupus I worked in a neurologist office and was thankful that I didn't have MS and still am.

I really don't know why I am posting about it today except I really don't feel good and wanted to vent, I guess.

Tomorrow will be better and I do know I have many blessings and life could be much worse.

For more information about Lupus check out The Lupus Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment